Dare to be DifferentVol. 26 No. 5 | Jul-Aug 2016
In this Issue:
- Golden Opportunities: I stood all alone for God in my communist high school, never dreaming that one day my teachers would ask me to share my faith.
- Strength at your Weakest Point: Have any weak points in your life? They could become your strengths.
- Q&A: I often hear people express that all religions lead to heaven. Can people with widely different beliefs still be in heaven together?
- Sharpening your Word: Your Bible can help you cut through difficulties, pierce through confusion, and disarm spiritual enemies.
- When God Hides His Face: God waits for you to seek His hidden face. But you must first smash your idols and resolve to let Christ be everything.
- Your Brain on Media: Do you find the Bible boring? Are you struggling to maintain your Christian experience? You might be a media addict!
- Your Musical Choices Windows to Your Character: Would it surprise you to learn that music affects you before you are even consciously aware of it?
- Q&A: Do Christians need to attend church? I often get a greater blessing worshiping at home or alone in nature.
- Young Scottish Martyrs: The inspiring story of two young women who were faithful—even unto death.
- Search the Word: If Jesus is the first in your life, you will reflect His purity, humility, and love.
- My Second Chance: “I blamed God and religion for tearing my family apart.”
- A What-A-Plus?: Nothing prepared 18th century zoologists for their first sight of a duck-billed platypus.
- The Fitness Advantage: Want to be a balanced Christian? Give equal priority to your physical and spiritual development.
- Life Lines: Avoid soda when hot and thirsty
- Words of Wisdom: What spiritual advice would you give your younger self?
Question Do Christians need to attend church? I often get a greater blessing worshiping at home or alone in nature. Answer We receive biblical instruction, correction, and admonition. “Let us go…to the house of the God of Jacob; and He will teach us of His ways, and...
Question I often hear people express that all religions lead to heaven. Can people with widely different beliefs still be in heaven together? Answer Despite the popular belief that there are many paths to heaven, Jesus plainly stated in Matthew 7:13–14 that the...
AVOID SODA WHEN HOT AND THIRSTY Drinking soda after heat-induced dehydration may cause you to become more dehydrated, according to a new study. A study with rats found that drinking sugar-sweetened beverages after heat-induced dehydration leads to worsened dehydration...
If Jesus is first in your life, you will reflect His purity, humility, and love. The soldier tried to convince the dirty young boy that the king wanted to adopt him and make the lad an heir to the throne. “I don’t want to leave my home,” the boy whined. “I won’t go!”...
Have any weak points in your life? They could become your strengths. By Tim Crosby with Pastor Bill Tucker A tall, graceful African-American girl named Althea stood before the Royal Box in London’s Wimbledon Stadium amidst cheering thousands. It all seemed so unreal,...