The PromiseVol. 27 No. 3 | Mar-Apr 2016
In this issue:
- Touched by a Miracle: If God is our Father and we are His children, we may trust Him in adversity as well as when everything is going right.
- Tell it to the World: To 19th century Christians, the doctrine of the soon return of Jesus was a startling idea.
- Williams Miller – Light Bearer to the World: In the 19th century, this quiet reformer brought the light of the great Second Advent message to the attention of the Christian world.
- Minutes to Midnight: Worried scientists have set the world’s official Doomsday Clock at two and a half minutes to midnight.
- I Will Come Again: Precious promises of Christ’s Second Coming.
- Search the Word – The Promise: Is Christ’s promise to return for His people your blessed hope?
- God’s Gold: God’s purest people will live through Earth’s darkest hour. The Bible describes them as the 144,000.
- The Messiah Watchers: Millions of people, including Hindus, Buddhists, Muslims, Christians, and Jews, are waiting for the appearance of a prophesied “Messiah”.
- Q&A: Does Christ come first in secret, and then later in great power and glory?
- How to Deal with Delay?: Only those who earnestly long for Christ’s return will last through His lengthy delay.
- Milk: Milk is the perfect food – for babies. And by milk we mean mother’s milk.
- Life Lines: Freshen up your indoor air.
- These Times: The Gospel to the World
- Elusive Queen of the Jungle: What can we learn about the faithfulness of a mother’s love from this beautiful fierce predator.
- Radical Commitment: Waiting for Jesus to come takes a mature loyalty and steadfast love – sort of like what it takes to make a lifelong commitment to marriage.
Question How do we know that Jesus’ Second Coming is a real event in the future? And if it is, why has there been such a delay? Answer The return of Jesus Christ is the blessed hope of the Church. There are numerous Bible promises referring to Jesus’ Second Coming—by...
♦ THE PROMISE
♦ CUNNING COUNTERFEITS
♦ THE RIGHTEOUS
♦ HOW TO BE ON THE “RIGHT SIDE”
Millions of people, including Hindus, Buddhists, Muslims, Christians and Jews, are waiting for the appearance of a prophesied “Messiah”. By Russell Standish In the writings and traditions of the three Abrahamic faiths—Jews, Christians, and Muslims—a coming Messiah...