SpellboundVol. 24 No. 1 | Nov-Dec 2013
In This Issue:
- Lori’s Story: Before I met Christ, Satan had a deep hold on me through my involvement with the occult.
- After the Spotlight Fades: After the beat stops, the spotlight fades, and the cheering dies down, many entertainers and their fans go home to lonely, empty lives.
- Battle with Apollyon: Christian defeats the demon-prince with the sword of the Spirit.
- Spellbound: Something bigger than a story motivates readers young and old to stand in long lines for bestsellers about vampires, witches, and wizards.
- Confrontation: During Christ’s first advent, Satan summoned all his forces, and contested the Savior’s work at every step. So it will be in the great final conflict between righteousness and sin.
- In Search of the Spirit: Miracles, spiritual gifts, conversions, ecstatic experiences, dramatic healings. If both good and evil forces can produce such phenomena, how can you avoid deception?
- Q&A: I’m studying the Bible a woman with believes that she has received the Holy Spirit because she prays in an unknown tongue. She claims that many people in her church pray in unknown tongues together and that this is evidence that they’ve been baptized with the Holy Ghost. Is this true?
- Search the Word – The Promise of the Comforter: The Holy Spirit in the old testament, New Testament, Conditions to receive it, Gifts form the Holy Spirit.
- Singing Dark: The story of blind hymn writer Fanny Crosby.
- When the Stress comes Knocking: The bottom line in controlling stress is dealing with your thoughts and feelings.
- Life Lines: E-cigarettes contain deadly carcinogens.
- These Times: Fukushima’s ongoing nuclear crisis.
- Consider the Porcupine: Does it remind you of anyone you know?
- When the Devil Gets Scared: The popularity of occult entertainment is a signal that Satan knows his time is short.
SLEEP CAN JUMPSTART YOUR BRAIN The myth—“Your creative genius is at its best in the middle of the night when you should be sleeping”— is so pervasive that design students are encouraged to pull frantic all-nighters as the best way to complete long-term projects with...
Question: What are the dangers, if any, of making comparisons between children? Answer: The Bible has much to say about dying to self. Why, then, do we spend so much time and energy promoting our children’s self-esteem? Perhaps we have confused self-esteem with...
Even though God does not force His will on humanity, He has not left this world to chance. Alongside the movements of the rulers of this world can be traced the workings of Providence. With His divine knowledge God has foreseen and predicted the great world empires....
Whether they realize it or not, the global elite are shaping our economies for the fulfillment of Bible prophecy. By Hal and Betsy Mayer Every year in January the planet’s wealthiest people gather at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland to analyze economic...