Back to the BasicsSpecial Issue | Vol. 25 No. 5 | Jul-Aug 2015
In this Issue:
- Belshazzar’s Last Party: When do nations, societies, or people cross the line of God’s mercy and experience His wrath?
- The Giving of God’s Law: Ten precepts—brief, comprehensive, and authoritative—cover our duty to God and to our fellow man. All are based upon the great principle of love.
- Q&A: Couldn’t God have utilized the “Big Bang” to create the universe and the basic elements from which life has developed here on Earth?
- Search the Word – Hidden Treasure: Hidden behind the restrictive language of the Ten Commandments is pure, spiritual treasure.
- Courthouse Commandments: Would public displays of the Ten Commandments curb the lawlessness of our times?
- Q&A: If “righteousness exalteth a nation,” shouldn’t the Ten Commandments be the basis for a nation’s laws?
- The Law and the Covenants: The same law that was engraved upon tables of stone is written by the Holy Spirit upon the tables of the heart.
- Is it possible to keep God’s law?: “Here are they that keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus.” Revelation 14:12
- Whatever Happened to the Ten Commandments?: By the look of things, the Law of God has fallen on hard times.
- The Most Balanced Person who Ever Lived: Jesus lived the Law of God every day of His life. He had the guts to be nice—“two-table nice.”
- Does Anyone Have the Right to Change God’s Law?: One day your life could be on the line for choosing to follow God’s original, unchanged Law.
- Jesus Christ – Great Christians Speak on the Law of God: If ye love Me, keep My Commandments. John 14:15
- Ten Commandments or Ten Suggestions?: Taking a casual attitude towards God’s Law will place you in more peril than a casual attitude towards traffic laws.
By the look of things, the Law of God has fallen on hard times. By Colin Standish with Betsy Mayer Recently, a radio host asked clergy from a variety of faiths to list the Ten Commandments. The majority could only list seven of them. Some did far worse. Only the...
Q: Couldn’t God have utilized the “Big Bang” to create the universe and the basic elements from which life has developed here on Earth? Answer: The “Big Bang” theory espoused by many scientists as a plausible theory for the origin of life is based upon a number of...
Hidden behind the restrictive language of the Ten Commandments is pure, spiritual treasure.
Q: If “righteousness exalteth a nation,” shouldn’t the Ten Commandments be the basis for a nation’s laws? Answer: The Bible does teach that the Ten Commandments are the basis for good civil laws and national stability; but it limits thier enforcement to the last six...